- 08:09 woke to find our vintage nelson asterisk clock strangled during the night by balloon ribbon.
- 08:11 must have wrapped around and around its hands as they turned. hour by hour. almost wish we had it on time-lapse video.
- 08:26 also feeling kinda vindicated about my [formerly thought to be] paranoid No Balloons With Ribbons In The Room While You're Sleeping rule.
- 16:48 it is a truth universally acknowledged that a woman in want of an exacto knife will never, ever, find it in stock at michael's. #0for3tries
- 18:40 argh. was just completely unhelpful to police re: attack that happened in our courtyard. i could only see victim, not her attacker.
- 18:41 kind of relieved no one is going to be calling me to testify, though.
- 18:44 my neighbor, on having to walk around at night with 2 sexual predators active in the 'hood: "it's a little creepy!" uh. you could say that.
- 20:18 for the love of...why is the school PTA sending me "It's important we voice our strong opposition to same-sex marriage in ny state" emails??
- 20:28 what is this "our opposition" they're talking about? i am in FAVOR, not opposed. also, since when is this what a PTA mailing list is for?
- 20:33 i'm rarely reminded so starkly that i don't belong here. then again, i'm not sure where in the orthodox world i would belong any better.
- 20:35 i'm resigned to being the fish out of water, mostly. but sometimes i would like just a LITTLE acknowledgment that NOT EVERYONE THINKS ALIKE.
- 20:38 my. i seem to have at least one rant a day lately, don't i? #crankypants
- 20:40 thinking of making the kids some "Separation Of Church And State: It's Good For The Jews" t-shirts.
- 21:13 MORE HERETICAL THINGS I BELIEVE: abortion should stay legal. there will be orthodox women rabbis. abraham should have refused to kill isaac.
- 21:13 [that last one is the one that took me longest to say out loud.]
- 21:49 ha! okay, i didn't think the abraham/isaac heresy would be the one getting the most reaction HERE. :)
- 21:51 i never use twitlonger, but i don't want to clutter up your feeds with a long explanation, either, so i'll try to write one now. stand by.
- 22:20 Okay, here's why I think Abraham failed his test instead of passing it. The way it was always taught to me, the (cont) tl.gd/b4u59f
Thursday, June 16, 2011
From Twitter 06-15-2011
Posted by persephone at 7:37 PM